Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pulled Pork?


I didn't mean to make pulled pork, but that's what happened. I browned some chunks of pork roast in one pan, while I caramelized onions in my dutch oven. Once the onions were well browned, I added a little smoked paprika, diced jalapenos and garlic. Once the garlic and peppers began to soften I added about a half a gallon of apple juice, brought to a boil, then reduced the heat to a simmer and allowed the liquid to reduce by about half. Once the liquid is reduced and saucy, I added the browned pork, covered & placed in the oven at 350 and braised the pork for about two and half hours. I plated the pork with a little of the braising liquid and topped with some green beans that were roasted in the oven ( 450 for about 8 to 10 minutes),

No comments: