Sunday, January 11, 2009

Black Grouper Crudo

This is a very simple snack that I made to taste the Black Grouper that I had bought at the Fish Guy. It is important when consuming raw fish that one is sure of the quality and freshness. The Fish Guy only carries the finest and freshest fish and seafood and is patronized by esteemed Chicago chefs such as Charlie Trotter. For this dish I simply rinsed and dried the Grouper then roughly chopped it into small bites. I laid this out and squeezed some fresh lemon juice over top to firm up the flesh while I chopped some capers, quartered a couple of grape tomatoes and finely diced some shallot. To bring the plate together I sprinkled the shallot, capers and tomato around the plate; topped with a few choice pieces from a "mixed herb salad" and finished with salt, pepper & olive oil. Again I must stress the importance of quality when assembling a simple dish like this.



1 comment:

Jen K. said...

Looks beautiful, like something from Alinea!! xo